Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Beautiful Lie...

"Lie awake in bed at night
And think about your life
Do you want to be different?
Try to let go of the truth
The battles of your youth
'Cause this is just a game

It's a beautiful lieIt's the perfect denial
Such a beautiful lie to believe in
So beautiful, beautiful it makes me

It's time to forget about the past
To wash away what happened last
Hide behind an empty face
Don't ask too much, just say
'Cause this is just a game

(Oh Oh
The end of the world)

Everyone's looking at me
I'm running around in circles, baby
A quiet desperation's building higher
I've got to remember this is just a game

(So beautiful, beautiful
It's a beautiful lie
So beautiful, beautiful
It's a beautiful lie
So beautiful, beautiful...)"
The more I study the lyrics to these songs, the more they become relevant to me at this time in my life. They literally embrace me when I feel sad, lonely, discouraged, or lost. I know you Echelon can probably relate. In a world that can be so ugly, scary, and uncertain I seek refuge in the music. I literally go for a drive every night just so I can listen to MARS as loud as I want to in my car. I'm the one that looks crazy going down the road jamming out as though I'm standing in front of the stage at a MARS concert. People drive by looking at me like I'm crazy but I just don't care. It becomes my sanctuary. A safe place where I find myself swimming in the melodies and clutching the lyrics because I want so desperately for them to become part of my soul. I can just be me with no outside influences telling me I should conform. And one of the coolest parts about those moments is that I know all across the world there are other Echelon who also feel that intensity. It's in that moment I am no longer desolate.





No comments:

Post a Comment